29 November 2007

A long walk a day keeps the doctor away

August started with a business trip in Belgium.

The location was the town called Louvain la Neuve, a university city, with good and bad parts.

First of all I didn't like the belgian weather. From the 6 days I was there, I had one day and a half of sunshine, the rest was cloudy/rainy weather. The highest temperature was on the first day, a Sunday, when the highest temperature was 29 degrees. That when in Romania the temperature was on average around 35 degrees, all day hot shiny weather. So my bags were half loaded with rainy clothes :(.

Second of all, the town is a pedestrian & bicycle one. There are no cars, no easy mean of transportation from a side to another. So from the flat to the company office we had to walk about 25 minutes, first going down a hill, then climbing on another (the centre of the town is the lowest part). which would have been quite fine if we had some sunshine, but instead we got lots of rain, and beside that, some bicycle guys almost run over us (several times, they don't seem to be very careful)

Third of all, on the first Sunday me and my work colleague made a trip to Brusseles, were we visited the center of town and in the afternoon we met some of my old colege buddies. Two of them actually work & live in Brusseles and the third one had just arrived from Bucharest on the same day as i did, but on a different flight.

Here are some pictures from the trip:
- some sights
- my old college buddies